The Meet-the-Expert Lunch focuses on unique issues related to the career development of early career scientists. Career development information is provided in a setting that fosters attendee/expert interactions and provides networking opportunities with leaders in the field. Following an introductory presentation by the Early Career Scientist Committee Chair, well-recognized leaders in the field will facilitate roundtable discussions on particular areas of interest. Experts will answer questions and lead informal dialogue to help provide guidance and direction.
Upon completion of this meeting, participants will be able to:
- Summarize answers provided by experts in the field to specific questions related to the career development topic
- Implement improved processes of communication between early career scientists and established researchers and experts
- Evaluate strategies for postdoctoral fellowship proposals and to help interview for faculty appointments and non-academic positions
- Take informed and timely decision for success in respective career paths
The intended audience for this educational program include graduate, medical and post baccalaureate students; clinical fellows; postdoctoral fellows; tenured-track investigators and other early career professionals.
- Publishing Papers
- Networking and Developing Successful Collaborations
- Basic-Translational Research
- Clinical-Translational Research
- Career Path: Alternative Careers – Science Policy, Funding Advocacy and Project Management
- Career Path: The Big Pharma Industry Perspective
- Career Path: The Small Biotech Industry Perspective
- Career Path: How to Kick-Start Your Career in the US – An International Perspective
- Career Path: How to Survive in Academia
- Career Path: How to Navigate the Postdoc to PI Transition
Americans with Disabilities Act
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (i.e., physical, dietary, etc.). Please contact SITC prior to the live event at +1 414-271-2456.