In collaboration with the House Cancer Caucus, the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) co-hosted a congressional briefing, “The Promise of Cancer Immunotherapy,” on Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019, in the Rayburn House Office Building. Leading experts discussed various aspects of cancer immunotherapy and the promise that lies ahead with further support from the federal government. Rep. Brian Higgins (D-NY), a co-chairman of the House Cancer Caucus, also delivered remarks.
- George J. Weiner, MD – University of Iowa Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Marc S. Ernstoff, MD – Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Michael B. Atkins, MD – Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Crystal L. Mackall, MD – Stanford University
- Kathryn Bell – Cancer Patient Survivor
As always, SITC encourages stakeholders in the field to reach out to members of Congress in support of funding and advancing cancer immunotherapy research.
More details and photos can be found by viewing past tweets and by searching the hashtag, #SITContheHill.