JITC Peer Review Mentorship Program
Each year, early career professionals with limited or no peer reviewing experience are encouraged to apply to be a mentee in JITC's Peer Review Mentorship Program. A limited number of successful applicants are paired with senior leaders who help provide structural guidance on peer review to young researchers, either one-on-one or in small groups. The 2023 program is currently underway. Please check back for more information and application details for the 2024 program later this year. Key dates are provided below.
Mentees who complete the program will:
- Learn how to identify key components of manuscripts and provide thorough, critical evaluations
- Improve their writing skills that will strengthen their own future manuscripts
- Establish personal and professional relationships through networking opportunities
- August-September 2023 – Mentee applications will be collected for consideration
- October 2023 – Applicants will be notified of their application status
- January to October 2024 – Mentees will review one manuscript approximately every six weeks with their mentor
- November 2024 – Mentees who successfully complete the program will be recognized at the SITC 2024 Annual Meeting and will be added to the JITC peer reviewer database as a preferred reviewer
The Peer Review Mentorship Program is developed and led by JITC Interim Editor-in-Chief James L. Gulley, MD, PhD, FACP, and the Mentorship Program Working Group of Margaret E. Gatti-Mays, MD, MPH, Sebastian Kobold, MD, and Claire I. Vanpouille-Box, PhD.