This is a new research award for spatial profiling, sponsored by NanoString Technologies. Applicants will be encouraged to submit their proposals for a cancer immunotherapy project that will leverage NanoString Technologies’ GeoMx™ Digital Spatial Profiler (DSP) to perform highly multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and proteins. The most impactful proposal for cancer immunotherapy research will be selected.
- Hold a PhD degree (practicing physicians are not eligible to apply)
- Currently hold a position at an academic cancer center as a postdoctoral fellow, resident, research scientist or comparable position
- Be a SITC member in good standing at time of submission (i.e., current in dues)
- Name a pre-arranged mentor
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the mentor along with the application
- Commit 75% of their workday to research
This award will provide $25,000 of “in-kind” support to allow the awardee up to 24 FFPE samples, with up to 12 Regions of Interest (ROI)/samples to be run on GeoMx™ DSP using the GeoMx™ Immuno-Oncology Assays, for both RNA and Protein. Content covers the most relevant targets for understanding tumor and tumor microenvironment biology. The awardee will also be invited to visit NanoString’s campus to review the data generated and discuss findings with NanoString scientists. NanoString will cover the recipient’s travel and lodging costs and will be responsible for the shipment of samples between the awardee’s institution and the NanoString facility.