A Pre-Conference Program; additional registration is required.
Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021*
12 – 1:30 p.m. EST
*Dates and times subject to change.
The Meet-the-Expert Lunch will focus on unique issues related to early career scientist career development and will provide attendees the opportunity to interact with experts in key areas of immunotherapy. The Meet-the-Expert Lunch will address different relevant topics in a setting that fosters attendee/expert interactions and provides networking opportunities with leaders in the field. Experts will answer questions and lead informal dialogue to help provide guidance and career advancement advice.
- Praveen Bommareddy, MS, PhD – Replimune Inc.
- Zachary Cooper, PhD – AstraZeneca
- Abdul Rafeh Naqash, MD – National Cancer Institute
- Abigail Overacre-Delgoffe, PhD – University of Pittsburg
- Grey Wilkinson, PhD – Oncolytics Biotech Inc.
The audience for Meet-the-Expert Lunch includes graduate, medical, and post-baccalaureate students; clinical fellows; post-doctoral fellows; tenure-track investigators, government employees, and scientists in general; and industry/pharma scientists and employees. Space for this event is limited and priority will be given to early career scientists.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Address most of their open questions and concerns on the selected topic
- Make informed decisions about their career development and research projects
- Establish connections with experts in their field of interest
- Academy Focused Translational Research in Immunology
- Industry Focused Translational Research in Immunology
- Clinical/translational research as a surgeon (specific topic TBD)
- Radiation Oncology Focused Clinical/Translational Research
- Basic Research in Immunology
- Immunotherapy Based Early-Phase Clinical Trials and Research
- Career Path: The Big Pharma Industry Perspective
- Career Path: The Small Biotech Industry Perspective
- Clinical-Translational Research in Immunology with Focus on Fellows and Early Career Clinicians
- How to navigate the Postdoc to PI transitions (types of grants, negotiating package)
- To Postdoc or Not Postdoc: Pros and Cons of a Postdoctoral Position
- Spinning Your Lab into a Small Business or Starting Your Own Startup Company
- Building Bridges to Bring Research from the Bench to the Bedside
- Balancing Clinic with Your Lab
- Finding a Mentor, Advisor, and Sponsor