The following policies have been established for journalists covering the 36th Annual Meeting of the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC 2021) and exhibitors/public relations professionals wishing to distribute materials related to research presented at the meeting.
In an effort to assist registered press with planning coverage, SITC issues press releases and provides abstract summaries in advance of the Annual Meeting. These releases are embargoed until the date and time listed on the release.
Regular abstract titles will be available Oct. 1, 2021, and titles for late-breaking abstracts will be available Nov. 1, 2021, on the SITC Annual Meeting website. Once abstract titles are listed on the SITC Annual Meeting website, press releases may be issued with the titles and logistical information.
Abstracts are embargoed until 8 a.m. EST on Nov. 9, 2021.This includes content within the original abstract submitted, additional data that will be available on a poster of the abstract and/or any updated and/or new data that will be available in oral presentations at SITC’s Annual Meeting.
Press Release Information
Any planned press releases and media alerts must be reviewed and approved in advance by SITC Communications staff. Please allot at least two business days for this review process. Drafts should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For press releases about abstracts aimed at being released:
Before 8 a.m. EST on Nov. 9, 2021
- Press releases may be issued with only logistical information (abstract title, author, poster number, and presentation date and time) about an abstract/poster/oral presentation.
After 8 a.m. EST on Nov. 9, 2021
- Press releases may be issued with information about the content within the original abstract submitted, additional data that will be available on a poster of the abstract and/or any updated and/or new data that will be available in oral presentation at SITC’s Annual Meeting.
Journalists deemed in violation of any SITC Communication policies will have their Annual Meeting press privileges revoked.
Audio Recording, Video Recording & Photography
Everyone who attends any session, including media and exhibitors/public relations professionals, are strictly prohibited from audio or video recording and photography in all sessions. Photography and video recording are allowed with an approved press registration in the exhibit hall and general conference space outside of the session rooms.
Photography and videography in the poster hall and of specific posters is only allowed if permission is granted by the poster presenter(s).
Credentialed members of the press who have been issued a press pass are permitted to use handheld audio recording devices in educational sessions for note taking purposes only.
Exhibitors/Public Relations Professionals
Exhibitors and individuals representing industry, advertising and marketing or public relations firms will not be granted access to the press room or news briefing room at the SITC Annual Meeting.
No exceptions will be made to the following policies:
- Materials may not indicate SITC endorsement or use the SITC logo
- Non-SITC news briefings or other media events are prohibited in meeting areas, including hotels, during the SITC Annual Meeting
- Under no circumstances will contact information of registered press be made available
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have SITC Annual Meeting access revoked.