To gain access to any Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) educational activity, journalists and/or medical writers needed to register for the program, provide all requested information and abide by the policies noted below.
Titles of regular and Young Investigator Award abstracts will be available on Oct. 1, 2021, and titles of late-breaking abstracts will be available on Nov. 1, 2021, on the SITC Annual Meeting website and app. Once abstract titles are listed on the website, press releases can be issued with the titles and logistical information.
Accepted regular and late-breaking abstracts will be published in the Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer (JITC) as a supplement at 8 a.m. EST on Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021. Full abstracts will also be available on the Annual Meeting website and app.
Full regular and late-breaking abstracts will be embargoed until 8 a.m. EST on Nov. 9, 2021. This includes content within the original abstract submitted.
For more information, please review the SITC 2021 Media Policy.
Any individual who wanted to register as press for the 36th Anniversary Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs (SITC 2021) must complete and submit the press registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a scanned copy of your press credential and/or a letter of assignment from your media outlet as part of your submission. Your press credentials and/or letter of assignment are required onsite to secure a press badge. No exceptions will be allowed.
Submitting the press registration form does not guarantee receipt of a complimentary press pass, and press passes are not granted to anyone whose principal purpose for attending the event is—in our judgment—for reasons other than covering it as working news media. Advertising and marketing representatives, as well as editors attempting to solicit papers for competing journals, will not be allowed to register as press.
Press passes/registration for the event(s) only allow access to the virtual common meeting areas and virtual general session rooms with speakers offering educational content. At the event SITC provides a media room at SITC 2021, your press pass will also gain you entry as a dedicated work space while onsite. Attendance and coverage of private meetings associated with the event are not allowed without permission from SITC executive management.
Press Registration Instructions
- Download the press registration form
- Fill out the PDF registration form completely
- Submit form to SITC via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal mail: SITC, ATTN: Communications, 555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Fax: +1 414 276 3346
Onsite Policies and Regulations
- Photography/videography is allowed with an approved press registration in the virtual exhibit hall and general conference space outside of the virtual session rooms
- Photography/videography of meeting proceedings (slides or presenters) in the virtual educational session rooms is only allowed with prior written permission granted by SITC
- Members of the press can utilize personal audio recording devices in the virtual session rooms strictly for note taking purposes. Release of the recordings in part or in whole is prohibited
- If there is a particular presentation of interest and you wish to obtain the slide(s), you can speak directly with individual presenters and request that they share the slide(s) of interest to you. Please note, approved slides will be made available to meeting attendees four to six weeks after the meeting
- Photography/videography in the virtual poster hall and of specific posters is only allowed if permission is granted by the poster presenter(s)
- Press wishing to obtain interviews and official statements on behalf of the society must work with the SITC Communications Department (requests can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org) for scheduling with the appropriate official representatives
- SITC President Patrick Hwu, MD, is the official spokesperson of the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer. He is the approved representative who may speak on behalf of the society, unless otherwise approved by SITC administration
- Press kit provided via digital download – available resources will include session/program information, SITC press releases, informational sheets and other society educational items
- Complimentary WiFi will be available in the meeting rooms and general SITC conference areas
Visit the SITC Media Room for online access to the latest SITC press releases, cancer immunotherapy news and additional resources.
For more information, please contact the SITC Office at +1 414 271 2456 or email@example.com.