Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018
Session One: 12:05 – 12:50 p.m.
Session Two: 1:05 – 1:50 p.m.
The Meet-the-Expert Lunch will focus on unique issues related to early career scientist career development and will give the opportunity to all SITC members to interact with experts in key fields of immunotherapy. Information will be provided on different relevant topics in a setting that fosters attendee/expert interactions and provides networking opportunities with leaders in the field. Experts will answer questions and lead informal dialogue to help provide guidance and direction.
The audience for this educational program includes graduate, medical, and post-baccalaureate students; clinical fellow; post-doctoral fellows; tenure-track investigators and scientists in general; and industry/pharma scientists and employees. Space for this event is limited and priority will be given to early career scientists.
- Lorenzo Falchi, MD – Columbia University Medical Center
- Jennifer L. Guerriero, PhD – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Sruthi Ravindranathan, PhD – Emory University
- Marco Ruella, MD – University of Pennsylvania
Upon completion of this program, the participants:
- Will have addressed most of their open questions and concerns on the selected topic
- Will be able to make informed decisions about their career development and research projects
- Will have established connections with experts in their field of interest
Topics & Experts
- Basic-Translational Research in Immunology
- David DeNardo, PhD – Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis
- Charles Drake, MD, PhD – Columbia University Medical Center
- Clinical-Translational Research in Immunology
- Ran Reshef, MD – Columbia University Medical Center
- Padmanee Sharma, MD, PhD – University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Career Path: The Big Pharma Industry Perspective
- Edith Perez, MD – Mayo Clinic
- Alexandra Snyder, MD – Merck
- Career Path: The Small Biotech Industry Perspective
- Deborah Charych, PhD – Nektar Therapeutics
- Nello Mainolfi, PhD – Kymera
- Career Path: How to Survive in Academia: Collaborations, Grants, and Promotions
- Dario A.A. Vignali, PhD – University of Pennsylvania
- Susan Thomas, PhD – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Career Path: How to Navigate the Postdoc to PI Transition
- Greg Delgoffe, PhD – University of Pittsburgh
- Alexandra-Chloe Villani, PhD – Broad Institute