Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018
Session One: 12:05 – 12:50 p.m.
Session Two: 1:05 – 1:50 p.m.
The Meet-the-Expert Lunch focused on unique issues related to early career scientist career development and gave the opportunity to all SITC members to interact with experts in key fields of immunotherapy. Information was provided on different relevant topics in a setting that fostered attendee/expert interactions and provided networking opportunities with leaders in the field. Experts answered questions and led informal dialogue to help provide guidance and direction.
The audience for this educational program included graduate, medical, and post-baccalaureate students; clinical fellow; post-doctoral fellows; tenure-track investigators, government employees, and scientists in general; and industry/pharma scientists and employees. Space for this event was limited and priority was given to early career scientists.
- Lorenzo Falchi, MD – Columbia University Medical Center
- Jennifer L. Guerriero, PhD – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Sruthi Ravindranathan, PhD – Emory University
- Marco Ruella, MD – University of Pennsylvania
Upon completion of this program, the participants:
- Addressed most of their open questions and concerns on the selected topic
- Are able to make informed decisions about their career development and research projects
- Established connections with experts in their field of interest
Topics & Experts
- Basic-Translational Research in Immunology
- David DeNardo, PhD – Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis
- Charles Drake, MD, PhD – Columbia University Medical Center
- Clinical-Translational Research in Immunology
- Ran Reshef, MD – Columbia University Medical Center
- Howard Kaufman, MD, FACS – Replimune Group Inc.
- Career Path: The Big Pharma Industry Perspective
- Edith Perez, MD – Mayo Clinic
- Alexandra Snyder, MD – Merck
- Career Path: The Small Biotech Industry Perspective
- Deborah Charych, PhD
- Nello Mainolfi, PhD – Kymera
- Career Path: How to Survive in Academia: Collaborations, Grants, and Promotions
- Dario A.A. Vignali, PhD – University of Pittsburgh
- Susan Thomas, PhD – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Career Path: How to Navigate the Postdoc to PI Transition
- Greg Delgoffe, PhD – University of Pittsburgh
- Alexandra-Chloe Villani, PhD – Broad Institute