To gain access to any Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) educational activity, journalists and/or medical writers must register for the program, provide all requested information and abide by the policies noted below.
- Titles of regular abstracts submitted to the 33rd Annual Meeting were published by SITC on Oct. 1, 2018.
- Titles of late-breaking abstracts were published by SITC Nov. 1, 2018.
- Regular abstracts weree published in the Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer (JITC) at 8 a.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018. These abstracts are available online via the journal's website and they were also be distributed onsite to Annual Meeting attendees.
- Late-breaking abstracts were distributed on-site to SITC 2018 attendees and will be published in JITC on Dec. 7, 2018.
Regular and late-breaking abstracts were embargoed until 8 a.m. ET on Nov. 6, 2018.
For more information, please view the SITC 2018 Media Policy.
Any individual who would like to register as press for the 33rd Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs must have completed and submitted the press registration form to email@example.com. A scanned copy of your press credential and/or a letter of assignment from your media outlet must have been included as part of your submission. Your press credentials and/or letter of assignment were required onsite to secure a press badge. No exceptions were allowed.
Submitting the press registration form did not guarantee receipt of a complimentary press pass, and press passes were not granted to anyone whose principal purpose for attending our event is—in our judgment—for reasons other than covering it as working news media. Advertising and marketing representatives, as well as editors attempting to solicit papers for competing journals, were not be allowed to register as press.
Press passes/registration for the event(s) only allow access to the common meeting areas and general session rooms with speakers offering educational content. Your press pass also gained you entry to the SITC 2018 Press Room, which served as a dedicated work space while onsite. Attendance and coverage of private meetings associated with the event were not allowed without permission from SITC executive management.
Press Registration Instructions
- Download the press registration form (PDF)
- Fill out the PDF registration form completely
- Submit form to SITC via one of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Mail: SITC, ATTN: Communications, 555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Fax: 414-276-3346
Onsite Policies and Regulations
- Photography/videography is allowed with an approved press registration in the exhibit hall and general conference space outside of the session rooms.
- Photography/videography of meeting proceedings (slides or presenters) in the educational session rooms is only allowed with prior written permission granted by SITC.
- Members of the press can utilize personal audio recording devices in the session rooms strictly for note taking purposes. Release of the recordings in part or in whole is prohibited.
- If there is a particular presentation of interest and you wish to obtain the slide(s), you can speak directly with individual presenters and request that they share the slide(s) of interest to you. Please note, approved slides will be made available to meeting attendees four to six weeks after the meeting.
- Photography/videography in the poster hall and of specific posters is only allowed if permission is granted by the poster presenter(s).
- Press wishing to obtain interviews and official statements on behalf of the society must work with the SITC Communications Department (requests can be submitted to email@example.com) for scheduling with the appropriate official representatives.
- Dr. Lisa Butterfield, SITC President, is the official spokesperson of the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer. She is the approved representative who may speak on behalf of the society, unless otherwise approved by SITC administration.
- A media kit was available to registered press via SITC jump drives – available resources included session/program handouts, SITC press releases, informational sheets and other society educational items – distributed onsite.
- A dedicated media room was e made available for registered press onsite.
- Complimentary WiFi was available in the meeting rooms and general SITC conference areas.
Visit the SITC Media Room for online access to the latest SITC press releases, cancer immunotherapy news and additional resources.
For more information, please contact the SITC Office at +1 414-271-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org.