The Fellows of the Academy of Immuno-Oncology (FAIO) are individuals who have made seminal contributions to move the field of cancer immunotherapy forward to the benefit of patients.
NOMINATE A LUMINARY TO JOIN THE CLASS OF 2023 ACADEMY:
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is honored to recognize the trailblazers in the field of cancer immunotherapy through the Academy of Immuno-Oncology.
To submit a nomination for a Fellow of the Academy of Immuno-Oncology, email both of the following documents to SITCExecOffice@sitcancer.org
- CV of the nominee
- Letter of recommendation
Nomination period will be open from March 1 to May 1 2023, the class of 2023 will be announced this summer.
- Actively serving FAIO Committee members or Board members will not be eligible for nomination. After members rotate off the Committee or Board, they may be considered for nomination. SITC Staff will notify nominators if this is the case.
- Fellows should commit to attending the induction ceremony event held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting to be eligible to receive the award. The SITC 38th Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs (SITC 2023) will take place on Nov. 1–5, 2023, at San Diego Convention Center in San Diego..
- Work setting is not a limiting factor for the FAIO, all those who are a part of academia, industry, other, etc. are eligible.
- SITC membership is not a requirement for nominees.
- The FAIO Committee may opt to honor one posthumous awardee with each class.
- Inducted Fellows of the Academy of IO will be called upon to help in the selection of subsequent classes of inductees.
Nomination period is now closed.
The Class of 2023 will be announced this summer.
Induction Ceremony Event
Each year an induction ceremony event will be held at the SITC Annual Meeting to welcome that year’s class of inductees. The Board of Directors, FAIO Committee, all previous inductees, and the current class will be invited to attend. Each current inductee may also bring a guest.
Each inductee will be invited to participate in a video interview to share words of wisdom and key decisions during their career development. These videos will be used as a part of the awards promotions and induction ceremony event. You can view the 2021 Fellow Videos on Youtube.
Annual Meeting Events
The current class of inductees may be invited to participate in events at the Annual Meeting including but not limited to:
- “Meet the Fellows” Event – The current year’s class of inductees could be invited to a social networking event where young investigators and all attendees could meet and network with the FAIO honorees.
- Sparkathon – The FAIO inductees could be considered for faculty positions in the Sparkathon retreat that is held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting.
- Meet-the-Expert – If esteemed luminaries are desired for faculty positions in the Meet-the-Expert lunch, the new class of inductees could be considered.
- Expert Discussant and Faculty Positions – The new class of inductees could be considered as expert discussant faculty in sessions such as the Presidential session. They could be considered for open faculty positions including for the Hot Topic session if expertise aligns with the topic selected.
The post-nominal FAIO (Fellow of the Academy of Immuno-Oncology) will be established to recognize those who have received this award. Ex: Jane Smith, MD, PhD, FAIO
If you have any questions or would like to submit a nomination, please provide a CV of the candidate and a letter of recommendation to SITCExecOffice@sitcancer.org