To gain access to any Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) educational activity, journalists and/or medical writers must register for the program, provide all requested information and abide by the policies noted below.
Titles of regular abstracts submitted to the 34th Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs (SITC 2019) will be published by SITC on Oct. 1, 2019. Titles of late-breaking abstracts will be published Nov. 1, 2019.
Regular abstracts will be published in the Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer (JITC) at 8 a.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019. These abstracts will be available online via the journal's website and they will also be distributed on-site to Annual Meeting attendees.
Late-breaking abstracts will be distributed on-site to SITC 2019 attendees and will be published in JITC on Dec. 5, 2019.
Regular and late-breaking abstracts are embargoed until 8 a.m. ET, Nov. 5, 2019.
For more information, please review the SITC 2019 Media Policy.
Any individual who would like to register as press for SITC 2019 must complete and submit the press registration form to email@example.com. Please include a scanned copy of your press credential and/or a letter of assignment from your media outlet as part of your submission. Your press credentials and/or letter of assignment are required onsite to secure a press badge. No exceptions will be allowed.
Submitting the press registration form does not guarantee receipt of a complimentary press pass, and press passes are not granted to anyone whose principal purpose for attending the event is—in SITC's judgment—for reasons other than covering it as working news media. Advertising and marketing representatives, as well as editors attempting to solicit papers for competing journals, will not be allowed to register as press.
Press passes/registration for the event(s) only allow access to the common meeting areas and general session rooms with speakers offering educational content. In the event SITC provides a media room at SITC 2019, your press pass will also gain you entry as a dedicated work space while onsite. Attendance and coverage of private meetings associated with the event are not allowed without permission from SITC executive management.
Press Registration Instructions
- Download the press registration form
- Fill out the Word Document registration form completely
- Submit form to SITC via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Mail: SITC, ATTN: Communications, 555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Fax: (414) 276-3346
Onsite Policies and Regulations
- Photography/videography is allowed with an approved press registration in the exhibit hall and general conference space outside of the session rooms
- Photography/videography of meeting proceedings (slides or presenters) in the educational session rooms is only allowed with prior written permission granted by SITC
- Members of the press can utilize personal audio recording devices in the session rooms strictly for note taking purposes. Release of the recordings in part or in whole is prohibited
- If there is a particular presentation of interest and you wish to obtain the slide(s), you can speak directly with individual presenters and request that they share the slide(s) of interest to you. Please note, approved slides will be made available to meeting attendees four to six weeks after the meeting
- Photography/videography in the poster hall and of specific posters is only allowed if permission is granted by the poster presenter(s)
- Press wishing to obtain interviews and official statements on behalf of the society must work with the SITC Communications Department (requests can be submitted to email@example.com) for scheduling with the appropriate official representatives
- Dr. Mario Sznol, SITC President, is the official spokesperson of the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer. He is the approved representative who may speak on behalf of the society, unless otherwise approved by SITC administration
- Press kit on SITC jump drives – available resources will include session/program handouts, SITC press releases, informational sheets and other society educational items – will be distributed onsite
- Complimentary WiFi will be available in the meeting rooms and general SITC conference areas
Visit the SITC Media Room for online access to the latest SITC press releases, cancer immunotherapy news and additional resources.
For more information, please contact the SITC Office at (414) 271-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org.