The following policies have been established for journalists covering the 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs (SITC 2020) of the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) and exhibitors/public relations professionals wishing to distribute materials related to research presented at the meeting.
In an effort to assist registered press with planning coverage, SITC issues press releases and provides abstract summaries in advance of the Annual Meeting. These releases are embargoed until the date and time listed on the release.
Titles for regular abstracts will be available Oct. 14, 2020, at 5 p.m. EDT and titles for late-breaking abstracts will be available Nov. 2, 2020, on the SITC Annual Meeting website. Once abstract titles are listed on the SITC website, press releases may be issued with the titles and logistical information.
Abstracts are embargoed until 8 a.m. EST on Nov. 9, 2020. This includes content within the original abstract submitted, additional data that will be available on a poster of the abstract and/or any updated and/or new data that will be available in oral presentations at SITC’s Annual Meeting.
Press Release Information
Any planned press releases and media alerts must be reviewed and approved in advance by SITC Communications staff, a process that typically takes two business days. Drafts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For press releases about abstracts aimed at being released:
Before 8 a.m. EST on Nov. 9, 2020
- Press releases may be issued with only logistical information (abstract title, author, poster number, and presentation date and time) about an abstract/poster/oral presentation
After 8 a.m. EST on Nov. 9, 2020
- Press releases may be issued with information about the content within the original abstract submitted, additional data that will be available on a poster of the abstract and/or any updated and/or new data that will be available in oral presentation at SITC’s Annual Meeting
Journalists deemed in violation of any SITC Communication policies will have their Annual Meeting press privileges revoked.
Exhibitors/Public Relations Professionals
Exhibitors and individuals representing industry, advertising and marketing or public relations firms will not be granted access to the virtual press room or news briefing room at the SITC Annual Meeting.
No exceptions will be made to the following policies:
- Materials may not indicate SITC endorsement or use the SITC logo
- Non-SITC news briefings or other media events are prohibited in virtual meeting areas during the SITC Annual Meeting
- Under no circumstances will contact information of registered press be made available
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have SITC Annual Meeting access revoked.