SITC is pleased to announce the publication of our newest guideline, "Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) clinical practice guideline on immunotherapy for the treatment of lung cancer and mesothelioma."
This guideline will provide a valuable clinical decision-making tool to help guide oncologists and other advanced practice providers on key aspects of immunotherapy treatment of non-small cell lung cancer, small cell lung cancer, and mesothelioma. Guideline readers will not only find evidence- and expert consensus-based recommendations on immunotherapy for stage IV non-small cell lung cancer but also covering the recent new approvals for checkpoint blockade in the neoadjuvant and adjuvant settings. Advanced small cell lung cancer and mesothelioma are covered in-depth as well.
The manuscript, the latest in the ongoing series of SITC Cancer Immunotherapy Guidelines, is available now in the Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer (JITC), the society’s open access, peer-reviewed online journal and a mobile version with interactive tools will be available in app soon. Check the notifications in the app to be alerted when the mobile version of the guideline becomes available.
Key features of the new guideline include:
- Expert panel recommendations on topics including biomarkers testing, treatment selection, response evaluation and monitoring, and patient quality of life support considerations
- An immunotherapy treatment algorithm for stage IV non-small cell lung cancer
- Tables providing at-a-glance summaries of registrational trial data for approved immunotherapy agents
SITC is also pleased to offer free webinars featuring Expert Panel members from SITC's Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma Immunotherapy Guideline. These educational offerings are designed for healthcare providers who treat cancer patients including oncologists, physicians, disease specialists, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and physician assistants. The live webinars include a dedicated question-and-answer session providing the opportunity for attendees to converse with the faculty and ask questions about the guideline recommendations.
- Practical Management Pearls for Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma – SITC CPG Webinar
Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2022 | 12:30-1:30 p.m. EDT | REGISTER NOW
- Case Studies in Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma – SITC CPG Webinar
Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022 | 3:30-4:30 p.m. EDT | REGISTER NOW