The future of cancer immunotherapy is rooted in research and education, primarily by early career scientists. The Forward Fund was established in 2012 to stimulate the future of science, development and application of cancer immunology and immunotherapy through financially supporting its education and research.
Ultimately the Forward Fund (Donate Online Here) endeavors to provide grants and financially support activities and initiatives that:
- Help attract the brightest young minds in cancer and/or immunology research to the cancer immunotherapy domain
- Inform those outside of the cancer immunotherapy field about the huge promise of this modality. Cancer immunotherapy offers the potential to create long-term remissions and/or prolonged survival for people suffering from advanced cancer of a wide variety of types and educate clinical.
- Educate clinical oncologists regarding the application and potential benefits of this treatment modality.
How the Forward Fund will achieve these goals
- Provide grants to promising young post-doctoral researchers to help them complete cancer immunotherapy research projects and bridge the gap between their post-doctoral studies and academic or industry appointments.
- Encourage more young scientists to enter the field of cancer immunotherapy research at academic, governmental or industry institutions.
- Interact with patients and advocacy networks to address their specific needs for education and resources on cancer immunotherapy as an increasingly promising treatment option.
- Develop policies on best practices in cancer immunotherapy clinical trials, assessment of relevant immunologic biomarkers, and clinical management.
- Educate clinical oncologists and laboratory scientists on the complex state of the art principles underlying cancer immunology and their applications to the clinic.
- Expand international collaborations among cancer immunotherapy researchers to identify and overcome major barriers in the field worldwide.
The Forward Fund
currently sponsors young investigators and honors senior researchers with the following awards:
SITC Fellowship Awards
Since its inception, SITC has strongly supported the growth and achievement of young investigators in the field of cancer immunotherapy. As the field continues to expand, SITC has realized the event greater importance of fostering the growth and development of the next generation of cancer immunotherapy experts and tumor immunologists by providing them with additional support opportunities.
Learn more about the SITC Fellowship Awards.
Richard V. Smalley, MD Memorial Award and Lectureship
Presented since 2005 in memory of the society’s founder, the Richard V. Smalley, MD Memorial Award and Lectureship is the most prestigious award offered by SITC. The award serves to honor those that have been pioneers in their work and have made a notable impact worth of high regard and recognition by their peers.
SITC Young Investigator Awards
SITC offers awards to promote growth and achievement among young investigators in the field of cancer immunotherapy and to recognize excellence in SITC Annual Meeting oral abstract and poster presentations.
Donate to the Forward Fund
How You Can Help
Contributions in any amount to support the mission and efforts of the Forward Fund are welcome and appreciated. General contributions, tribute and memorial gifts can be made online or by completing and returning the printable pledge/contribution form.
For estate gifts, honoraria transfers and named honor funds, please contact SITC staff at email@example.com.
SITC offers a wide array of opportunities for corporate partners to engage with the society and interact with members and meeting attendees alike.
Click here to read more about how your organization can support the society.
SITC Sparkathon Matching Donation Challenge
Before SITC can open the Sparkathon application process and attempt to make a large leap forward in research, the society must meet its goal to raise $600,000. An anonymous donor has pledged to DOUBLE all donations made to the Forward Fund, meaning the society has been challenged to raise $300,000 over the next two years ($150,000 per year) for this special initiative.
Now is the time to ignite the Sparkathon!
If SITC reaches its goal, $600,000 will help create a unique opportunity for the society’s early career professionals to tackle the biggest hurdles facing the future of the research. Consider making a pledge or contribution to the Forward Fund now and make twice the impact on the society and a lasting difference for the future of cancer immunotherapy.
To have your SITC Sparkathon donation doubled, text SPARK to 50555 to donate $25 or click the button below to contribute online.
As a 501(c)(3) organization, donations made to SITC are tax deductible as a charitable contribution to the extent allowed by law.
Purchase a CURE T-shirt
Show the world you're serious about cancer immunotherapy research by wearing a SITC CURE t-shirt.
Order shirts online or download an order form by clicking here.
Support SITC When Shopping on Amazon
When you shop via Amazon, consider using the society's AmazonSmile account. When shopping via this link, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to SITC.