- Samir M. Hanash, MD, PhD – The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Avery D. Posey Jr., PhD – University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) invites you to attend the workshop, Interrogating the Tumor-Specific Surfaceome for Immune Targeting. Scheduled for Sept. 29–30, 2021, in San Diego, this SITC workshop will focus on the tumor cell surfaceome and the many opportunities that accompany it for the development of future immunotherapies and maximization of existing techniques. By bringing together experts on the topic from a variety of fields including medical oncology, bioinformatics, cancer biology, genetics/epigenetics, immunology, and many others, the workshop will facilitate increased discussion in this important area.
Concepts ranging from the basic biology of cancer cell surface molecules to applications of drugs and cellular therapies targeting novel surface markers will be discussed, with the goal of defining the future direction of the field. It is anticipated that the efforts of this workshop will fuel innovative collaborations, disseminate important knowledge to the rest of the immunotherapy field, and help assure the continued growth of immunotherapy treatments as a whole.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:
- Current issues in immunotherapy and how the surfaceome can help
- Cancer cell transformation and its impact on the surfaceome
- “Omics” technologies and the surfaceome
- Tumor neoantigens – canonical and non-canonical
- Extracellular vesicles
- Post-translational modifications
- Normal tissue expression of identified targets
- Application of vaccines, T cell therapies, and other immunotherapies to cancer cell surface targets
WORKSHOP TARGET AUDIENCE
- Academic and industrial researchers from a variety of fields including medical oncology, bioinformatics, cancer biology, genetics/epigenetics, and immunology, among others
- Define the cancer cell surfaceome and describe techniques used to investigate the surfaceome
- Summarize methods to evaluate the normal tissue expression of identified tumor surfaceome targets
- Discuss the application and development of immunotherapies and other cancer therapies for cancer cell surface targets
This workshop will also provide an intimate opportunity for attendees to discuss their work with experts in the field, develop collaborations and learn about novel studies of the tumor cell surfaceome. Individuals are encouraged to submit an abstract for an opportunity to present their research; a select number of oral abstract presentation slots will be available. Those abstracts not selected for oral presentation will also have the opportunity to present as a poster. Abstract submission is open to anyone working in this field.
ORAL ABSTRACT PRESENTATION INFORMATION
Four slots for oral abstract presentations are available during this workshop.
POSTER ABSTRACT PRESENTATION INFORMATION
Posters will be presented during the Poster Reception. Poster specifications will be based on the number of abstracts that will be presented and will be provided with acceptance notifications. The presenting author is responsible for printing, bringing and hanging up their poster. SITC does not provide printing services on-site, or special accommodations for disposing of or shipping posters after the workshop.
GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
For more information on abstract guidelines and policies, please click here.
REASONS TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
- Free submission for members and nonmembers
- Multiple oral presentation opportunities available
- The opportunity to present and discuss your research with luminaries in the immunotherapy field
IMPORTANT ABSTRACT DATES:
|April 21, 2021
||Abstract Application Submission Site Opens
|July 22, 2021
||Abstract Application Submission Site Closes at 11:59 p.m. EST
|August 19, 2021
||Abstract Application Notifications Sent
|Sept. 29–30, 2021