SITC Launches Certificate in Cancer Immunotherapy Program: Module 1 Now Available
SITC is pleased to offer physicians, advanced practitioners and qualified healthcare providers the opportunity to earn a Certificate in Cancer Immunotherapy, supporting their knowledge and skills to provide effective and safe care for patients treated with cancer immunotherapy.
Learners can expect to develop a comprehensive understanding of cancer immunotherapies, including checkpoint inhibitors, cell therapies and many others, as well as the management of side effects, allowing them to successfully implement immunotherapy in clinical practice.
SITC members receive a 20 percent discount on all Certificate in Cancer Immunotherapy modules. Become a SITC member today to take advantage of this exclusive member benefit.
- Module 1: Basic Immunology Concepts, presented by Robert L. Ferris, MD, PhD – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hillman Cancer Center
- In module 1, participants will learn about the immunological concepts behind cancer immunotherapy, including innate and adaptive immune responses, activating and inhibitory immune regulation and integration of immune responses.
- Module 2: Basic Cancer Immunotherapy Concepts, coming soon!
- Module 3: Immune Checkpoint Blockade
- Module 4: Managing Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Adverse Events
- Module 5: Other Approaches, including Cytokines]Vaccines, Immune Cell Engagers
- Module 6: Oncolytic Viruses and Intralesional Therapy
- Module 7: CAR T Cell and Cellular Therapy
- Module 8: Implementing Cancer Immunotherapy in Clinical Practice
Click here for more information and to review the eligibility requirements to earn your Certificate in Cancer Immunotherapy. All modules are developed, reviewed and presented by distinguished leaders in the field of cancer immunotherapy.
Certificate in Cancer Immunotherapy Task Force
- Robert Ferris, MD, PhD (Chair) – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hillman Cancer Center
- Leisha Emens, MD, PhD – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hillman Cancer Center
- Umar Farooq, MD – University of Iowa
- Silvia Formenti, MD – Weill Cornell Medicine
- Sigrun Hallmeyer, MD – Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Howard Kaufman, MD, FACS – Immuneering Corporation
- Jose Lutzky, MD, FACP – University of Miami, Sylvester Cancer Center
- George Weiner, MD – University of Iowa
We encourage you to pursue a Certificate in Cancer Immunotherapy to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to effectively and safely administer cancer immunotherapy for your patients, and to share this exciting opportunity with a colleague who is also committed to advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy and tumor immunology. Click here to view the Learner Notification statement.
Register Now for the 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs
SITC Members Attend SITC 2020 for FREE
The SITC 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs (SITC 2020) will be reimagined as a fully virtual experience this year to ensure the health and safety of attendees and their patients and registration is now open! In celebration of the society’s 35th anniversary, all SITC members are able to register for FREE access to the entire Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs. Become a SITC member or renew your membership during the registration process to take advantage of this exclusive member benefit. SITC is excited to extend this free registration offer to all members.
NEW: Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Open to All
To accommodate for the unfortunate impact COVID-19 has had on the progress of cancer immunotherapy research this year, SITC leadership has decided to open the late-breaking abstract (LBA) submission period to everyone. SITC will not require an LBA application to be submitted beforehand. Everyone who has already submitted an LBA application will automatically be invited to submit a full LBA during the LBA submission period, Sept. 8-22, 2020, at 5 p.m. PDT.
SITC 2020 Schedule At-a-Glance
The following are the dates and titles of this year’s pre-conference programs. Click the titles to learn more about each program’s objectives, targeted audiences and much more.
Monday, Nov. 9, 2020
Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020
Wednesday–Saturday, Nov. 11–14, 2020
Additional SITC 2020 Activities
Support SITC 2020
Make your mark by exhibiting at SITC's 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting. This event brings together international leaders from academia, regulatory and government agencies, as well as industry representatives for unmatched education, scientific exchange and networking with the scientists driving the field. Click here to learn more about exhibiting options at SITC 2020.
Sponsor or advertise and get your message in front of an estimated 5,000 attendees. To learn more about these exciting opportunities contact firstname.lastname@example.org.